Payment OptionsPayment Methods & Options
Paying for your selected Software, Hosting or Service can be conducted in a number of ways:
- Online Credit or UK Debit Cards: We accept all major credit and UK debit cards, including: Switch, Visa, MasterCard, Visa Delta, American Express, Visa Electron and Solo cards. All transactions are conducted within our secure 128bit SSL payment and online control panel pages, with back office connection to the Royal Bank of Scotlands (WorldPay - Online Payment Processing) systems.
- By UK Drawn Cheque or Postal Order: These are to be made payable to "Nuco Technologies Ltd", with your customer ID and invoice number placed onto the back. Please mail these to our operational mailing address as shown on your invoice and within our contact us page.
- By BACs (under direct agreement and arrangement):Payments via this method are available upon request. Please call or email us for specific details once you have placed an order online and chosen the 'Other' payment method option.
Information & Payment Security
We take the security of your information and card details very seriously, so we employ the following security measures:
- 128bit SSL Encrypted Control Panel: We provide Customer Level and Domain Name Level control panels with username and password authenticated entry. The encryption used ensures that the information you enter whilst within our system can not be overlooked by third parties, as the encryption key is negoitiated between your browser and our server at the initial connection stage, i.e. when you see the login page.
- Strong Passwords: We make no apologies for the fact that we enforce the use of strong passwords. This means that your passwords have to contain a certain number of a combination of letters and numbers, with the added requirement of a special non-letter/number character, which makes your password more difficult to break
- Customer Order Details Verification: We operate a number of automatic checks to confirm the identity of a new customer, matches the details provided by their payment method. In situations where our system highlights differences in this information, then manual checks are conducted to ascertain the identity of the customer and to ensure that they are authorised to utilise the payment method and details they have provided. In situations where this is not possible, additional proof may be requested from the client before an order will be prcoessed or if no additional proof is rendered after a request, the order could be suspended or deleted. This procedure is to prevent the unauthorised or fraudalant use of credit/debit cards.